Summer is supposed to be a fun time, but when you are an adult and have to have a job in order to pay your bills and keep a roof over your head, summer loses a lot of its charm. You still want to have fun but responsibilities come first.
All of this work time can lead to a case of the Mondays when the beginning of the week rolls back around. Don’t let Monday get you down; instead come up with something fun that you can do in order to brighten your spirits and fight off the gloom.
There are a lot of things you can do to beat the blahs, but here are ten you may not have thought of, and some that might be at the top of your list. You’ll find that simply getting out and moving can make a huge difference.
- Hang out at the beach/pool — Nothing beats the heat and hectic living of summer better than spending some time in the lake or at the pool. Even if you don’t feel like swimming a nice relaxing time can be had just laying out on the beach.
- Have A Bonfire — Don’t feel like leaving home after a long day of work, but want to shake off Monday and enjoy the great outdoors? Have a bonfire in your yard, enjoy a beer and some s’mores, and maybe even invite a friend or two.
- Take A Jog or A Scenic Walk — Sometimes getting in a little workout can help lift up your spirits, and summer is the perfect time to get outside. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, a quick job can ease the nerves. If you have time, go on an awe inspiring hike. If you’re feeling extra pro-active, sort out a personal trainer in Singapore and take your workout to the next level.
- Go See A Movie — Summer is a great time to catch the newest blockbuster films, like Ant Man. Why not use a night at the movies to cure your case of the Mondays?
- Adopt A pet — Summer is a great time to adopt a new family member. People with pets are often happier and healthier than those without. If you spend a lot of time away from home you may want a cat, but if you have free time for training and lots of attention a dog can be a great choice. They are proven to increase your wellness and mental health too!
- Do Some Gardening — Gardening is a great way to beat the Monday blues. You get time outside and you also get to feel like you’ve accomplished something the next time you cook a meal with stuff you grew in your own garden.
- Enjoy A Hookah — If you ask some people why they smoke, it’s because smoking helps keep them calm and relaxed. Hookahs are much healthier than smoking cigarettes, and not illegal in most places like pot. There may be a hookah bar near you, or you can order one of your own hookahs and enjoy smoking from home.
- Grab a drink from a local brewery — It’s not good to use drugs or alcohol to cure your problems, but that doesn’t mean that having a drink at a local brewery is a bad thing. Your supporting local brewers and that beer just might be exactly what your Monday needed.
- Play some Pool or Go Bowling — If you’re the sporty type, or just haven’t done either since childhood, playing a game of bowling or shooting some pool are both great ways to de-stress.
- Eat a meal fit for a king from a restaurant — A nice meal you didn’t have to cook yourself can be a great finish to a not so great Monday. Go all out and enjoy every bite. Take that Monday!