The first promotional products date back to 1789, with buttons commemorating the election of President Washington. We’ve come a long way since then, and options for products to promote your organization have increased exponentially, and continue to grow. So when you’re looking for ways to grow your brand, there is a whole new generation of ideas.
When it comes to apparel, consider these new fashion trends and designs:
- Don’t think of clothes only as polo shirts or things worn on casual Fridays. All the people making field trips to the gym each week need apparel to sweat in as well, and there cotton is the enemy. What’s popular – and needed – there are breathable fabrics. Not only are they much more comfortable to wear, but the venue is a new platform to showcase your name.
- Neutral-colored clothing also is becoming trendier. Camel, khaki and other shades of neutral green are already becoming popular with your customers.
- In 2017, more and more style-conscious consumers are attracted to high-necklines like turtlenecks.
- Another recent trend is so-called do-it-yourself design. A large part of this is things like pins and patches that people use to decorate their jackets. These accouterments are both inexpensive and desirable.
The next time you’re at Starbucks or some other venue where everyone is staring at smartphones, notice the phones themselves. Rare is the device that is naked. Almost every one of them is wrapped in some kind of silicon or other protection. They also can be pricey, so when someone gets one for free, it’s likely to be used and displayed to the world. Think of them as millions of mini-billboards with your logo. But protective and decorative cases are just the beginning of tech-related promotional items. The smartphone-accessory industry is expected to be worth $38 billion by 2017, and their use to develop your brand is limited only by your imagination. It’s not just mouse pads anymore. Think of all the electronic items that could bear your organization’s name:
- Earbuds and headphones
- External batteries
- Flash drives
- Bluetooth speakers and keyboards
- Phone and iPod docks
- USB hubs
- Selfie sticks
- Power adaptors
- iPad cases and portfolios
- Laser pointers
Don’t forget the millions in your company and elsewhere who populate our skies and airports. Everything they use – not just umbrellas and backpacks – can be branded. And they use a lot in their travels:
- Passport wallets
- Wet wipes
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Spray cleaners for glasses
- Energy bars
- Inflatable pillows
- First-aid kits
- Panic alarms
- Travel-size toiletries
- Noise-cancelling earbuds
- Stress relievers
Everyone eats and gets the munchies. So whether it’s customized M&Ms, packages of gummy bears or chocolates, or a jar of jelly beans emblazoned with your logo, they’ll think of you.
These are just a few of the latest trends that can help promote your organization and brand. Each time someone in a gym or a hotel or on a plane sees something with your name, it’s an opportunity. And consumers, on average, hold on to promotional products from companies like Next Trend Designs for more than six months. Never underestimate the wow factor of being on the cutting edge. Don’t just give out a pen. Give your employees and customers things that they’ll not just like and use, but be noticed by others.