Science as a subject, sparks curiosity and eagerness to learn, in school students. Science forms the basis of the student’s knowledge of the rest of the world. In class 7, students are introduced to the basics of advanced topics that are taught in higher classes. Class 7 essentially forms the base of a student’s knowledge of science as a more complex subject as compared to what they might have learnt in previous classes. Hence, students must prepare and learn this subject thoroughly to avoid difficulty in further classes.
General Tips for Exam Preparation
- Prepare a timetable, allotting proper time to each chapter and more time to areas that you might consider tough.
- Write and practice each topic and revise thoroughly. Writing and revising helps the student retain better and makes it easier to memorise the concepts.
- Practising each topic is very important. The science textbook has many chapters. Hence, it is important to study all of them and devote sufficient time to each topic.
- It is important to note that cramming is not the best way to prepare for subjects like science, where the student’s practical knowledge is challenged. Students must understand what they are reading. Hence, taking time to understand and learn each topic is necessary.
- Regular breaks in between study sessions are also important. Your mind should not be exhausted before the exam and while you’re revising or studying. Go out for a walk or do something else apart from studying, to refresh your mind.
- Always study in a peaceful place, away from distractions, so that you can study and concentrate without any interruption.
- Figure out which time of the day suits you best and when you feel the most refreshed and energetic, to study because it would help you retain more of what you study at that time.
Important Tips for Class 7 Science Exam
The class 7 CBSE science book has a total of 18 chapters that cover a variety of topics. Since the syllabus is quite lengthy, students must plan properly, finish all the chapters and have time to revise them before the exam. Some important tips that might help are:
- Organise the information – This means prepare notes for each chapter in a proper format. As discussed before, writing and learning can help a student grasp and retain more of what they are studying. Making notes helps you organise information, which is also beneficial at the time of revision. If you need a particular piece of information while revising, you can refer to your notes. This speeds up the revision process as well.
- Revise one chapter every day – The NCERT book is where all the questions come from, in the exam. If you know it thoroughly, it will be very easy for you to score good marks. Give yourself time for each chapter in the book and study it sincerely. Give one full day to each chapter. This way it will be easy and less burdensome to complete the syllabus.
- Solve all revision questions – The NCERT book has questions and exercises for revision that cover the whole chapter. You must attempt each question and write down their answers like you would in an exam. This will give you the confidence to attempt questions in the exam, help you know where you stand and what area of the chapter or which question needs more attention. For help or assessing yourself, you can refer to the NCERT solutions for class 7 science book provided here. These solutions are prepared by a team of skilled teachers.
- Mark the important keywords and points – Highlight the important parts of the chapter and focus on them. With so many chapters, it is often difficult to revise all of them thoroughly, especially if you don’t have enough time. Hence, you must identify the important parts of each chapter or questions that you seem are more relevant and have been asked in class or revision tests often. By doing so, you will save time during revision as you will have to focus only on these topics and not the whole chapters.
- Attempt papers from the previous year – You should solve at least one paper from the previous year. This will help you in understanding the pattern of the paper, the types of questions and manage your time while attempting the paper.
- Practice all the diagrams that are in the syllabus – Diagrams can help you fetch some extra marks at times. If the diagram is well illustrated, it may supplement your answers and help you score more marks. Draw a diagram wherever you feel is necessary and may help better explain your answer.
- Refer to other resources – If you need further explanation of a topic, you can always refer to the solutions book or other online resources. This will help increase your knowledge about the topic and help you understand better.
While attempting the paper or on the day of the exam, make sure that you are confident and not nervous about anything. Do not get confused with what your classmates might say. Focus on what you know and attempt all the questions. Do not leave any questions. Even if you do not know the answer to a question, write as much as you know, as it might fetch you some marks. Manage your time well. Make sure that you have enough time to revise your answers before submission.
By keeping these tips in mind you are bound to score good marks in your class 7 science exam.